Pharmacy Name: Borders Pharmacy Group
About The Role
We are currently looking for a Pharmacy Operations Manager.
You will lead approximately 4 pharmacies, providing specialist operational and commercial direction to ensure delivery of safe, legal and profitable pharmacy services. With a strong customer service background, you will use your business acumen to make solid business decisions.
Working with the store managers you will recruit and retain a suitable Pharmacy workforce to staff stores, and prepare them for new roles, role changes and promotions as appropriate. You are responsible for the commercial delivery of the pharmacies, driving prescription volumes, over-the-counter and Pharmacy Services whilst maintaining cost effective buying.
You’ll be responsible for things like this:
- Lead the execution of the Pharmacy strategic business plan providing clear direction to the Pharmacy Manager to ensure achievement of stores’ contribution to company KPIs – Prescription volume, Pharmacy services and Over the Counter sales
- Deliver a safe, legally compliant and attractive pharmacy service working with the in-store pharmacy teams
- Review Pharmacy Managers’ performance, completing an annual staff appraisal of the Pharmacy Manager and employee Pharmacists in conjunction with the Store Manager
- Assessing area training needs and developing pharmacy colleague training
- Recruiting suitable workforce and trainees to meet immediate & future workforce needs
- Ensure that stores are compliant to company procedures
- Provide professional specialist operational direction to store on professional matters and business development, capacity and capability development and professional matters.
- Recorded compliance monitoring of company & professional policy, procedures and standards and requirements (especially Standard Operating Procedures) , ensuring shortfalls are identified and addressed
- Managing store pharmacy labour hours including optimising the use of Locums/ensuring all stores have adequate Locum cover.
- Regulatory compliance (GPhC etc)
- Maintain strong professional relationships within the local community
- Ensure cost effective buying for all stores and being aware of shortages in the market
You’ll need skills and experience like this:
- Be a Pharmacist registered with the GPhC with a strong track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Successful track record of developing teams
- Evidence of developing and delivering customer centric Key Performance Indicators
- Proven track record of managing multiple Pharmacy sites
- Ability to deliver well under pressure
- UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel
What to expect
You will enjoy a hugely satisfying career by really making a difference to the health of the local communities. Your hard work will be recognised and you will have the opportunity to grow in a friendly but professional and fast paced environment.
In addition we offer you:
- Excellent salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Superb development and career opportunities
- Company car
- Company laptop
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply
please apply with CV and cover letter to email@example.com.