Pharmacy Name: Brian Johnston Pharmacy
Contact Name: Brian Johnston
Are you passionate about providing pharmacy services? Keen to play a crucial part in looking after the health and wellbeing of a whole community while retaining a healthy work-life balance?
At Brian Johnstone Pharmacy, we work hard to serve our community but we also understand the importance of family, life beyond work and the flexibility to have a varied career. That’s why we’re looking for an enthusiastic pharmacist to work part-time in our Cardenden pharmacy. We’re happy to have a conversation about whether you’d like to do 2 or 3 days, and what working pattern suits your lifestyle and plans for the rest of your week! We welcome applicants looking for a permanent contract and those wishing to take up shifts long-term as a self-employed locum – just lift the phone and we can chat through your options.
Working in a supportive family business that has been at the heart of the community for 35 years, paperwork and managerial responsibilities will be minimal – giving you the freedom to focus on patients, developing your team and the services we provide, as well as the processes and procedures that we follow to ensure patient safety is maintained.
About the role
- Modern working environment
- Great opportunity to engage with a tight-knit community
- Working with a well-established team
- Lots of face-to-face contact with the people you will be looking after
- Flexibility in contract – 2 or 3 days per week
- Guaranteed 1 hour lunch break – pharmacy closes.
- 30 days’ annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- GPhC fees paid
- Pension contribution
- Staff discount available
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
- Applications from recently qualified Pharmacists welcomed
- Delivering our NHS and private pharmacy services to our high standards – and with a smile!
- Identifying areas where we can improve our services.
- Ensuring that patient safety is our number one concern – this will include the writing and updating of SOPs, engaging in quality improvement activities and monitoring key safety indicators
- The ongoing training and development of the pharmacy team
Applicants will be/have:
- The necessary clinical skills to deliver community pharmacy services
- A positive attitude to service delivery
- Approachable, excellent listener with strong communications skills
- Leadership qualities
- Experience of working successfully as part of a team
- Personal interest in quality improvement
- A professional manner
- Ability to manage clinical risk effectively
- Decision-making skills